COMMUNICATION: The Way to Avoid a Remodeling Nightmare
Are any of you considering a remodel in the future?
Are you not quite sure how to hire a contractor or specialist to meet your needs?
Or, have you been involved in a remodel in the past?
Do you wish you had known then what you know now?
We hear a lot of stories these days about remodeling nightmares, or as they are sometimes called CONTRACTOR NIGHTMARES. There are ways to avoid these disasters. The most important way is with clear, open and honest communication. The responsibility rests equally with both the contractor and the homeowner.
The homeowner must be clear about what they want and the contractor must respond in kind as to whether or not the stated desires can be met and, most importantly, how much it will cost. The homeowner must be able to do a complete bid analysis of each bid received. In other words, compare apples to apples and not simply look at the bottom line.
A remodeling coach helps create a win-win situation for everyone and ensures that the desired end result is achieved. The homeowner will be pleased with the final outcome and the contractor will walk away with a completed contract and referrals. When good communication comes first, everybody wins.
7 TIPS FOR HIRING A CONTRACTOR
- Did the contractor return your phone call quickly?
- Did the contractor arrive at the scheduled time?
- Did the contractor walk through your home with you?
- Did the contractor ask pertinent questions?
- Did the contractor respect you and your home?
- Was the estimate on your project returned quickly?
- Did the estimate compare favorably to others?
CEO – Eye For Detail Inc.