Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seven Tips for Hiring a Contractor

Tip #1
When calling for estimatesmake sure the contractors you are calling RETURN THEIR PHONE CALLS!

I know this seems like an “of course I know that” tip, however, you’d be amazed at how many people who’ve experienced nightmares didn’t follow that tip when selecting someone to work in their home. This can lead to what I call the Emotionology of Remodeling "syndrome".

Emotionology of Remodeling:

When thinking about remodeling your home I’d like you to think of the why’s of the project you’re considering. So many times people enter into a home improvement project
without any foresight of what’s involved. There are many things to consider depending on how big
the project is. Some of the questions to consider are:
How long is this project going to take?
How will I feel once it’s done?
What are the real costs and what value will it add to my home and my life?

If you are considering a remodeling project really ask yourself these questions before beginning and it will make the whole process much easier.

Please visit our newly updated Eye for Detail website
with more articles, publications and Reva’s bio as well as an excerpt from the soon-to-be-released book - Remodel 411 - The Relationship of Remodeling.
www.eyefordetail.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment